The LP 5500 is the smart choice for portable home emergency backup power, utilizing the benefits of propane to provide enough power to cover essential circuits in your home.
Features & Benefits
• Clean – liquid propane is essentially non-toxic, and does not spill during refueling.
• Reliable- liquid propane does not degrade over time and no stabilizers are needed, so tanks can be
• Available – gasoline may not be available during a power outage and gas pumps don’t work
|Smart Start with the Exclusive Power Dial.
Eliminates searching for separate controls in an emergency.
No other portable generator - propane or gaseous - has all startup essentials on a single dial, with easy-to-follow instructions. Prime, choke, start and shutdown are conveniently located together for quicker startup, essential in an emergency.
• Integrated tank holder for easy transport and storage of LP tank
• Folding/nesting handle and folding tank holder for compact storage
• (30) Amp outlet allows generator to be connected to a permanently installed, manual transfer switch for
quick backup of hardwired appliances like a furnace or sump pump during a power outage
• Powerful 389 cc Generac OHV engine and heavy duty alternator delivers 5500 running watts and 6875
starting watts to power essential circuits
• Quick-Access enclosure detaches in a snap for easy engine maintenance
• Automatic system protection cuts power to the engine to protect it from damage
• Precision balanced for stability and effortless mobility
• Circuit breakers provide overload protection
• Conveniently located fuel line quickly connects to standard LP tanks
• Hardened 1 ¼" steel tube cradle for added durability and strength
• Hour meter automatically tracks maintenance intervals
• Wide, never-go-flat wheels for easy transport regardless of terrain